Aintree

Imjoeking ran a super race over the National fences in the Topham Chase,  leading and jumping wonderfully until crumpling on landing five out. He is fine, and we cannot wait to bring him back here next December.

Sky Khan is not yet back to himself but he stayed on in the closing stages and should have gained confidence after this run.

Meanwhile at Sedgefield Miss Joeking was fourth on rather fast ground, she should be happier back on easier going at Perth this summer.

And now it is all about Arthur.

Driven by Jaimie, Arthur arrived at Aintree at 8pm and came off the horsebox with enthusiasm.  He has his mate Quito with him as a travelling companion and both horse are relaxed and eating their feeds in the racecourse stables.

The whole team have done a brilliant job getting Arthur here in top physical and mental form. While there has been plenty of publicity about us it is Arthur whose talent, bravery and honesty has brought us to this race. Thank you to everyone who has wished us luck,  to all connected with the training and production of Arthur, but most of all to Arthur.

Comments (23)

• colin cheater

CONGRATULATIONS really great to see, well done, gave me the greatest pleasure to sheer your horse home, absolutely superb

Apr 08, 2017 @ 5:38pm
  • Michael Tregaron

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 08, 2017 @ 5:45pm
  • David Brown

Well done and congratulations to everyone at Alary. To my eternal shame I didnt back the horse as i just didnt think he was good enough. How wrong I was. I think that is just a fantastic result and hope you all enjoy the celebrations that will ensue. Well done again!!

Apr 08, 2017 @ 5:46pm
  • Paul

Massive congratulations. Brilliant horse and brilliant ride by Derek.

Apr 08, 2017 @ 6:13pm
  • ljg

To everyone concerned with this wonderful, brave racehorse ..

Huge congratulations. Fairy tale stuff

Apr 08, 2017 @ 6:14pm
  • Graeme

Congratulations to all, well done one for Arthur and Derek Fox brilliant race.

Apr 08, 2017 @ 6:58pm
  • Jim Quigley

What a tremendous result for Arthur winning in such a fantastic manner. Congratulations to you, Scu, Derek and all staff involved. On a personal note I did have the courage to have a wager at 25/1 as I was sure he would do the business.
    Jim Quigley

Apr 08, 2017 @ 7:25pm
  • Carole Richards

I was so touched to read of your thanks to Arthur for his efforts in getting you all to Aintree. He is obviously loved and has repaid that love and care in spades today. Well done to you all, your success is so deserved.

Apr 08, 2017 @ 8:49pm
  • Timothy Duke

Splendid performance , we are delighted for you and ur yard, a magnificent day for horse racing in Scotland......keep it up and give my regards to my fellow countryman Derek.A million best wishes from Ireland

Apr 08, 2017 @ 11:33pm
  • Brian Nobile

A humble congratulations to you, Peter, The Two Golfing Widows, Derek & the rest of the team (not forgetting ''One For Arthur'') for winning the Grand National with such a superb jumping performance. I could say much more but will leave it there. Well done and all the best for the future.
    My regards,
    Brian Nobile

Apr 08, 2017 @ 11:50pm
  • Mick Curran

Disappointed you didn't have an update on today's great win! Never mind.... expect you are all out celebrating. Congrats. Well done. Terrific win!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 1:27am
  • kev read

just to add my congratulations on what was a superb day and a superb effort from your fantastic team you have to get him there,as a big follower of the stable it really made me proud as I had shouted about him for long enough to everyone,i took 20/1 on him as soon as you entered him, a beer or 2 today I think to celebrate,also well done to derek and malton house for giving him some great treatment to get back fit for the race and for derek as well what carrot that was dangling in front of him a couple of weeks ago,and all the best two the golf widows what a fantastic result for you

kev read

Apr 09, 2017 @ 6:51am
  • Hugh

Incredible scenes . Well done to everyone connected . The picture of Derek Fox with Bradley Lowery is one to treasure

Apr 09, 2017 @ 7:43am
  • Richard Gilbert

First time I've ever picked the winner and I'm buying my wife something special with winnings. Loved how Lucinda bigged everybody else up - so very pleased for everyone - enjoy the well-deserved limelight

Apr 09, 2017 @ 7:52am
  • Ryan Robinson

Fantastic result! Well done to everyone involved. He was absolutely brilliant! What times the parade at today to welcome him him?

Apr 09, 2017 @ 8:27am
  • Tim and. Hel

One of the most exciting 'nationals - huge congratulations!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 10:04am
  • John Baird

Absolutely brilliant ! What a horse, what a ride, what a trainer, what a team !! See you at Kelso.

Apr 09, 2017 @ 10:29am
  • Andy lowe

Called you earlier this week,had feelings that this was your time but must now congratulate you all on a fabulous success. You lovely people truly deserve this and you,'re horses are responding to your love and care and all performing so admirably at the moment. Derek's ride was boss,truly remarkable,we all knew how he would hunt round and make his move late on and he got it spot on to touch down in front for the first time at the last. He is very very underestimated and a proper horseman. And finally Arthur...well he is one in a million..so talented,clearly loves his racing and homelife, just fantastic. His name means a lot personally and we too have a story to carry forever and will never ever forget this event. I'm so pleased for you all and secondary is the fact we had a little 20/1 just after the weights were announced. Well done Lucinda and Peter and all of the team, hope to meet you in the future...thank you..

Apr 09, 2017 @ 2:47pm
  • James Wright

FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE :)))

Congratulations to all staff and connections on your wonderful achievement and thank you brave Arthur.

Have felt for a while he has what it takes to win The National. From a monetary point of view, I halved my intended stake due to what I regarded as less than perfect going for Arthur but my oh my, sheer class. Just imagine what he would have done with a little cut in the ground.

Apr 09, 2017 @ 3:29pm
  • Lorna

Huge congratulations. You deserve this great achievement. It couldn't happen to a nicer person - always smiling, as ever!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 5:02pm
  • Uwe

Herzlichen Glückwunsch auch aus Germany Bottrop tolles Pferd toller Jockey !

Apr 09, 2017 @ 6:43pm
  • Janette Gore-Phillips

Been watching Arthur over the past couple of years. He was my horse for the national without a doubt, he was brilliant such a brave horse. Ran a fantastic race, one which will stay with me forever. Lost for words. We stayed to watch him parade at the end of racing and he looked great, a real treat, thank you for that. Big congratulations to you all. WELL DONE ARTHUR

Apr 09, 2017 @ 8:01pm